UCLA Luskin Conference Center Quarterly Newsletter — August 2018
We're Bringing Our Summer BBQ to You...
This will become your favorite way to make BBQ ribs!
If you love BBQ ribs, then get ready for your new favorite way to make them! This recipe comes from our very own Jeromy Sung, Chef de Cuisine for Plateia, the Luskin Conference Center’s lively in-house restaurant and lounge. Sung dished up his family recipe for mouthwatering Korean BBQ Short Ribs. Essential to the success of making these ribs is allowing them to marinate at least four hours or better yet, overnight. So delicious… you may never go back to standard BBQ ribs again!
KOREAN BBQ SHORT RIBS
- 3 pounds beef short ribs, 1/5 inch thick
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- ½ tablespoon chopped garlic
- ¼ tablespoon black pepper
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 2 white onions, julienned
- 1 bunch scallions, julienned
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup mirin
- Combine all ingredients and whisk until sugar gets dissolved.
- Add beef and marinate at least 4 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Grill short ribs until meat is the desired level of doneness.
Main Photo: Plateia’s Chef de Cuisine, Jeromy Sung, tasting his Korean BBQ short ribs.