Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Who can stay at the Conference Center?
The Conference Center welcomes conference groups, individual travelers and visitors with an educational, research or service purpose.
View Affiliation & Eligibility Policy.
Visitors include, but may not be limited to:
- Visitors to the UCLA Ronald Regan Medical Center, Mattel Children’s Hospital or other University medical facilities, including families of patients or those scheduled for medical procedures.
- Individuals attending campus meetings or events.
- Visitors attending a UCLA athletic, cultural or performance event.
- Families of prospective or current students, including those who wish to tour or visit the campus.
- Visitors conducting business with a UCLA department, school or other UCLA entity.
- Current University of California students, faculty and staff.
- Departments hosting visiting scholars, professors or other distinguished guests.
- Alumni of any University of California — current membership I.D. is required upon check-in.
- Other University guests where education, research or service is the purpose of their visit.
- Other categories of visitors may be allowed. Please call us at (855) LCC-UCLA if you have questions or concerns and we will be happy to assist you.
MEETINGS, CONFERENCES & EVENTS
Does the UCLA Luskin Conference Center host meeting events?
The Luskin Conference Center offers 25,000 feet of versatile meeting space for memorable Southern California conferences and events. The anchor Centennial Ballroom can accommodate up to 960 standing attendees while an array of breakout rooms host smaller groups for a variety of gatherings.
Does the UCLA Luskin Conference Center do catering?
Yes, our highly acclaimed Catering Team is delighted to provide everything from refreshment breaks and working lunches to cocktail receptions and large banquets. They excel at creating healthful, delicious and beautifully presented menus for every type of event.
Does the Luskin Conference Center host graduation events?
Absolutely. From various university department receptions, luncheons and award ceremonies to overnight accommodations for parents and families of Bruin graduates, we are the on-campus destination for all things graduation.
Is there a business center?
We offer self-help business kiosks on the Lobby Level near the elevators.
Is Internet available?
Yes, we are pleased to offer complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the property.
Is there a fax number?
Our fax number is (310) 206-7122.
What time is the hotel’s Check In and Check Out?
Check in time is 4:00 p.m. Check out time is 12:00 noon. If you need a short extension, please notify the Front Desk the morning of your departure. We will accommodate your request, if possible, up to 2:00 p.m. We will be happy to store your luggage until your departure.
Is there restaurant/room service?
Plateia is the UCLA Luskin Conference Center’s full-service restaurant and lounge, located on the First Level. Plateia is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. For your convenience, reservations are strongly recommended. Simply call (310) 794-3563 or reserve online through OpenTable. Guests may also enjoy small plates and appetizers paired with wine, beer or cocktails in the lounge and on our courtyard patio.
Plateia Delivered offers selected items from the restaurant’s menu, delivered to your guest room in signature eco-friendly packaging. Plateia Delivered is available until 10:00 p.m. every evening.
Does the UCLA Luskin Conference Center offer valet or parking?
Guests can self-park in the underground parking lot below the Conference Center or in Parking Structure 8, directly across the street. A pedestrian walkway is conveniently located to connect you from Parking Structure 8 to the Conference Center. There is a daily fee to park in either location. We do not offer valet parking at this time.
Is there a gift shop?
Not at this time, but the UCLA Store is a very short walk away in nearby Ackerman Union. It offers a huge inventory of UCLA-themed souvenirs, gifts, and clothing, as well as computer accessories and supplies, and various sundries.
Does the UCLA Luskin Conference Center have laundry services?
Yes. Laundry and dry cleaning services are available Monday through Friday. Please turn in your laundry bag and inventory sheet to the Front Desk prior to 9:00 a.m. for same-day delivery by 6:00 p.m. For your convenience, charges will be billed to your room.
Does the UCLA Luskin Conference Center allow pets?
We only allow service pets.
What is your tipping policy?
No tips are expected or accepted. The UCLA Meyer and Renee Luskin Conference Center, including Plateia restaurant, is a gratuity-free property. Our team members are paid a fair wage and take pride in providing warm, attentive, personal service to each guest.
LOCATION & DIRECTIONS
Where is UCLA?
UCLA is located in the charming Westwood district of Los Angeles, California. UCLA’s location just off the 405 (San Diego) Freeway gives you convenient access to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and many of Southern California’s most famous attractions.
Where is the UCLA Meyer and Renee Luskin Conference Center?
The UCLA Luskin Conference Center and Hotel is located in the heart of UCLA’s vibrant campus at 425 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095. This convenient location is just two blocks away from the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center and steps from the iconic Pauley Pavilion.
How far away is the UCLA Luskin Conference Center from the Los Angeles airport?
This Southern California meeting venue is approximately 12 miles north of LAX. Take the San Diego Freeway (I-405) North and exit at Wilshire Boulevard East. Turn right onto Wilshire Boulevard and proceed a half mile to Westwood Boulevard. Turn left and the UCLA Luskin Conference Center, a premier Los Angeles meeting venue and hotel, is located one mile ahead at end of the turnaround.
Is the Luskin Conference Center accessible by Uber/Lyft/taxi?
Yes. Provide the following address as your destination:
425 Westwood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90095
Is there alternative ground transportation to/from LAX?
In addition to traditional car services, taxis and rideshare options, you may consider these alternatives:
- The Westwood FlyAway airport shuttle offers hourly direct service to and from LAX and short/long-term parking options in partnership with UCLA.
- The most economical way to get to LAX is with Culver CityBus Line 6 or, when applicable, the faster Line 6 ‘Rapid.’ This works best if you’re going to the airport with no more than a small, lightweight carry-on bag or suitcase as there is no storage for luggage on board.
- Shuttle2LAX partners with major transportation companies to sell seats on shared ride shuttles that would otherwise be empty, saving passengers up to 80 percent off typical taxi fare. You will be on a shuttle with up to 9 passengers and make between one and four stops on the way to or from the airport.
What are some things to do near the UCLA Luskin Conference Center?
When visiting UCLA’s on-campus hotel and meeting venue, guests can explore all this world-renowned institution has to offer, including the Fowler and Hammer Museums, the Geffen Playhouse, Royce Hall, arts and entertainment at the Center for the Art of Performance, the UCLA Athletics Hall of Fame and Pauley Pavilion.
The community of Westwood, offering convenient shopping and dining destinations, surrounds UCLA. Just beyond this enclave, Southern California attractions beckon, from the Santa Monica Pier, to Hollywood and Beverly Hills, Downtown Los Angeles and popular amusement parks.
Patients and their families enjoy the reassurance of comfortable Westwood accommodations conveniently located within two blocks of the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center and Mattel Children’s Hospital.
How close is the UCLA Luskin Conference Center to restaurants?
The surrounding Westwood district offers a dizzying array of dining options from healthy quick-service fare to world-class fine dining. Please visit the Front Desk for a list of our recommendations. Many locations are within a 10–15 minute walk from our facility. More fast food favorites are available in nearby Ackerman Union.
How far is the UCLA Luskin Conference Center from the Rose Bowl?
The most famous stadium in college football, the Rose Bowl, is located in Pasadena, a 28-mile drive via the 134 Freeway (San Fernando Valley). A BruinBus shuttle is available, though tickets must be reserved in advance. Please visit the Front Desk for more details if you’re headed to a game!
How do you comply with ADA?
Fully meeting the varied and important needs of all visitors and guests of the UCLA Luskin Conference Center is a top priority. As part of our service standard and as required by law, the Conference Center is fully compliant with ADA requirements for guests with disabilities. These compliance measures include making sure that our entrances and exits, guest rooms, meeting spaces, parking area, lobby, service counters, restaurant, and bathrooms are easily accessible to everyone.
Please visit the ADA Compliance Page for more information.
Federal Per Diem Rates
Do you accept Federal Per Diem Rates?
Yes, the UCLA Luskin Conference Center does accept Federal Per Diem Rates on specific dates. These reservations must be made by calling Reservations at 855-LCC-UCLA (855-522-8252). They cannot be made online.
To qualify for Federal or Government Per Diem rates, guests must present a valid form of identification at check-in that consists of at least one of the following:
- Personnel badge or ID card issued to U.S. Federal Government civilian employees
- Official Government/Military Travel Orders/Proof of Official Duty Status
- U.S. Military ID card issued to U.S. Military Personnel on Official Travel
- Common Access Card (CAC) issued to U.S. Federal Government civilian employees and U.S. Military Personnel on Official Travel (excludes CAC cards issued to contractors and retired military)
- U.S. Federal Government issued Visa, MasterCard or American Express Card (i.e. SmartPay Credit Card)
- Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) identification card
- Native American Tribal Government ID card
- Canadian Government or Active-duty Military-issued ID or credit card